Just like the Counting Crows song – you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. As crazy and cliche as it sounds, this is how I’ve been describing my relationship with Pure Barre lately. After consistently taking Pure Barre for a year-and-a-half, I became busier and busier this Spring and it was easier to make excuses not to go. Eventually my package ran out, and shortly thereafter so did my strength and endurance.
Last week, I finally decided enough was enough, my flings with spinning, strength training, and “running” were not cutting it anymore. So, I went crawling back to Pure Barre. What I love so much about Pure Barre, and specifically the Cincinnati location, is the people. Right when I walked in the owner asked me Where have you been?!? It had been 4 months and although I was a “regular” going 3-4 times a week I was shocked that she remembered me. Right when class was about to start one of my favorite instructors came up to me and said “it’s good to have you back”. Which was incredible to hear, as I was secretly dreading that first plank exercise knowing this isn’t going to be pretty. Although the first class was a struggle, I was so excited to be back the crazy shaking was worth it.
Here are some quick facts about Pure Barre
- You don’t have to be an ex-dancer to try it. Seriously, don’t let the ballet barre fool you, but if you’ve been eyeing that “black swan” body this is how you’ll get it.
- You’ll feel stronger in about 3-4 classes (if you take those all in one week), you’ll notice physical results in about 10 classes
- It’s the fastest way to change your body. Wedding coming up? Buy the one-month unlimited and go 3-4 times a week and trust me – you’ll see a huge difference
- It’s about small isometric movements – but this isn’t for the fainthearted, Pure Barre is intense and the more you focus the better results
- Don’t let the price intimate you – do what works with your budget. Tip: hold off on buy new clothes for a month – you’ll save money and you’ll just be returning them for a smaller size later 😉
Lastly, Pure Barre isn’t just about slimming down it’s about toning and strengthening. I was the strongest I’ve ever been when I hit that 100 class mark which honestly felt better than the slimmed waist.
I hope you all try Pure Barre!